These are difficult times and it is easy to ignore the signs of trouble when you are overwhelmed with work, spouses acting like children, children acting like teenagers and teenagers just being completely out of control. So, to help you sort out the kind of trouble which warrants a visit to a bankruptcy attorney, here are my Top 10 signs you should see a Bankruptcy Attorney:
10. People are taking pictures of your house and it is not because they love your yard.
9. You are contemplating taking money from your retirement account and you are not retired.
8. You have taken money from your retirement account and you are not retired.
7. You know all your creditors by their caller ID numbers.
6. You cannot pay off your credit cards in full in the next 12 months and continue to eat.
5. You go to get in your car and it is gone.
4. You have run out of relatives willing to lend you money.
3. Your wages are being garnished or your bank account has been levied.
2. Your house is so far underwater that the sharks are circling and you do not live in a flood plain.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE,
1. You are actually contemplating moving in with your mother-in-law.
If any of the above things are happening to you or have happened to you, it is time to see a bankruptcy attorney. You did not make this economic meltdown, but you can make the CHOICE to stop letting it control your life. The real estate speculation game is over for now. The banks won this round, but don’t let them continue to dictate your life. Cut your losses now and leave the casino i.e. the house/car/motor home that is worth less than you owe on it. Reclaim your financial future. Save cash for your retirement. It is much easier to buy food with cash than sheet rock. There is not going to be any principal or long term payment reduction on home loans. The banks are protected by this government and until that changes … (never), consumers must stop giving all the cards to the banks. Cash is king. If you don’t have the money to buy something outright, wait until you do. The lenders have no problem doing what is in their best interest and you should not either. I see people every day for a 30 minute FREE consultation at my offices in Walnut Creek, Antioch and Brentwood.
WE ARE A DEBT RELIEF AGENCY. WE HELP PEOPLE FILE BANKRUPTCY RELIEF UNDER THE BANKRUPTCY CODE. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT PROVIDED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN MAKING ANY DECISION REGARDING A SHORT SALE OR FORECLOSURE. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING TAX & LEGAL ADVICE REGARDING AN INDIVIDUAL SITUATION. GRIMESBKLAW.COM (925)323-7772
© 2011 Joan Grimes